There are two new features on FD as of this morning.
You will see a Digg button beside each post. If you are a member of Digg (many bloggers are), you can click that button and "Digg" the post. Then other Digg members will be able to find the post and read it.
The idea is to Digg posts that are good and original that you want lots of people to see. The more Diggs a post has, the higher it is placed on the Digg site.
This feature allows administrators and moderators to kick users from individual threads (topics). People who start threads may also kick anyone except administrators and moderators, but only if the administrator allows them these powers. Everyone has these powers to start, but they will be removed from people who abuse them. Users are kicked/unkicked by clicking the appropiate image next to their posts.
- Any user can kick anyone from a thread, but only if they started the thread.
- Normal users cannot kick administrators and moderators - they can never be kicked.
- If a user is kicked by an administrator, then moderators and users cannot unkick that user.
- If a user is kicked by a moderator, only administrators and moderators can unkick that user.
- If a user is kicked by a normal user (thread starter), anyone can unkick them.
- When a user gets kicked from a thread, their posts remain.
- Users are informed if they are kicked from a thread and are told who kicked them.
- Admins can kick anyone.
Post here if you find any bugs. Enjoy!
"Some of my policing friends would be horrified by the fact that I`ve come to speak to an Anti-Racist Action conference this morning. Some of you are probably horrified by the fact that I just used the words `police`and `friends` in the same sentence." - Richard Warman, July 6, 2005